Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Does Pat Speak English

Ok! So, maybe international politics is not really my thing. But when homophobe Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson makes an ass of himself, I am going to notice.

Pat suggested on his program the "700 Club" the other day that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez should be assassinated by American special forces and that he poses a great threat to America. Now Pat says that his comments were misinterpreted by the AP:
I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should 'take him out.' And 'take him out' can be a number of things, including kidnapping; there are a number of ways to take out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted by the AP [Associated Press], but that happens all the time.

And the quote from Pat's television show that the AP so outrageously misrepresented:
If [Chavez] thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think we really ought to go ahead and do it.

It's all there on tape Pat. I'll let it speak for itself.

No comments: