Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I was in a Cave

So, apparently I was in a cave for all of last year. I am just now finishing up Thomas Frank's "What's the Matter with Kansas". I actually avoided the book, because I did not get the metaphor of the cover's graphic. I simply thought it was a conservative book after seeing the large elephant stomping on the donkey. Yes, I judged a book by its cover.

Well, as I am finishing up the book I was lucky enough to come across a column by WaPo's Dana Milbank that was published today and perfectly summarizes Frank's main points. Both the book and the column exemplify how fantastic the world that conservatives live in is and how fanatically immoral their leaders truly are. Did you know that they actually believe that Tom Delay lost the post of Majority Leader in the House of Representatives because he is a Christian? Huh. Funny. These same people overlook the immoral activity of Delay. In fact, the even ignore the fact that a country their administration supposedly liberated, Afghanistan, actually does persecute people because they are Christian.

But reality is beyond the realm of reason for these people. Their reality is one of willful immoral ignorance. Yes, these are the people that rule our country. Sad.

No comments: