Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Who Cares: Most Anticlimactic News of the Year

"OMG! Lance Bass is gay?!"

duhThe above phrase is one I uttered aloud maybe, umm, five years ago. However, it took until 2006 (four years after 'N Sync broke up) for the former boy band member to finally be able to publicly acknowledge what has been assumed for years. Lance Bass is now an out gay man, thanks to an interview in People magazine.

Says Bass:
"The main reason I wanted to speak my mind was that (the rumors) really were starting to affect my daily life. Now it feels like it's on my terms. I'm at peace with my family, my friends, myself and God so there's really nothing else that I worry about."

Thanks for finally coming clean Lance. I cannot help but think how much your courage would have actually meant to young gay fans struggling with their sexual orientation when you were actually popular years ago. But, we must keep up appearances (and collect our paychecks), right?

Read it

No comments: