Friday, April 28, 2006

A Political Message in Condo Living?

As I was riding the metro in to work today, I decided to flip through the "Condo Living" section of the Express out of sheer boredom (since it is usually against my morals to read about lovely condos I can never afford).

Much to my delight there was a cute little article about owning a dog and living on Capitol Hill. It mentioned Congressional Cemetery - where we PoliBois take our daughter to run around - and had this lovely picture of a dog and a tombstone with an interesting message:

The tombstone reads:

A GAY VIETNAM VETERAN

WHEN I WAS IN THE MILITARY
THEY GAVE ME A MEDAL FOR KILLING TWO MEN
AND A DISCHARGE FOR LOVING ONE

Something tells me that out of thousands of tombstones at Congressional Cemetery, the fact that this one was used for this picture is not random. Neither is the fact that there is enough detail that you can read every word! Something tells me there are some gay politico editors over at Express!

Cheers to them! Now it is going to be my mission to find this tombstone...only a few thousand there, right?

No comments: