Friday, July 01, 2005

The Dear John Letter

Dear President Bush:

"This is to inform you of my decision to retire from my position as Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the Untied States, effective upon the nomination and confirmation of my successor.

"It has been a great privilege, indeed, to have served as a member of the Court for 24 terms.

"I will leave it with enormous respect for the integiry of the Court and its role under our constitutional structure."

Sincerely,

Sandra Day O'Connor

Potential Response:

Dear Sandy:

What took you so long? Now the army of compassion can begin its long march towards the Rapture and through America. The Great Evangelical Crusade Begins!

Oh, and now we may be able to overturn that whole ass-fucking thing y'all screwed up for me over there a couple years back.

Yours,

W.

No comments: